Some of Our Clients
In the last two years, Empirical Jury has been part of multiple eight figure verdicts and settlements. Verdicts total approximately $355 million, and include:
- $56 million verdict in road construction case (Humboldt County, California)
- $8 million medical malpractice verdict (Kentucky)
- $14.9 million medical malpractice verdict (Denver)
- $33.4 million verdict in 500 Madison Case (Chicago)
- $17 million verdict in opioid over-prescription case (St. Louis)
- $90 million verdict – trucking (Houston)
- $130 million verdict – birth trauma – (Detroit)
- $16 million verdict – electrocution – (Boulder)
“Running our focus group online with Empirical Jury allowed us to get more results, faster, for cheaper, and with the ability to test different trial strategies. The information we learned was invaluable and changed the way we presented our case and how much we asked for. We ended up getting an eight figure verdict, and I truly believe we would not have gotten that result if not for the help from Empirical Jury.”
Tim CroninThe Simon Law Firm, P.C.
“Empirical Jury is bringing new meaning to focus groups. Their work has proven to be invaluable in our cases, both from a settlement perspective and working through trial strategies. Truly phenomenal work.”
Charla AldousAldous Walker LLP
“We did our own extensive mock trials and focus groups and your report solidified and clarified many of our observations. After five years and three appeals, this complicated antitrust case was settled within hours of receiving your report and the day before jury selection. It was also a very useful tool to use with our clients. I am not doing another jury trial without engaging your services.”
Mark S. DavisDavis Levin Livingston
“John Campbell and Empirical Jury did a phenomenal job helping me to prepare for the trial of a difficult insurance coverage case. I was much better able to pick a jury and argue my case armed with the detailed focus group information that EJ provided. I have done traditional focus groups for many years but the volume of case-specific responses that I got through the EJ process was much more meaningful and impactful to my preparation. I will be a regular customer!”
Terrence McCartneyReiner & Slaughter
If information is power, then this is one of the most powerful tools that exists for Plaintiffs. The insight we received was invaluable in evaluating the strengths and weakness of our case and determining the likelihood of beating the Defendant’s last offer at trial. We will definitely be using Empirical Jury again.
Charlie CrichtonKidneigh & Kaufman PC
I particularly appreciated the comments from the participants regarding what other facts they would have liked to have known and what were the most relevant facts to them. Both helped tremendously in preparing for voir dire and in determining what facts to highlight and what issues to deal with right out of the box.
Keith DozierWm. Keith Dozier LLC
We ran a focus group with Empirical Jury for a recent nursing home case. We were blown away by the amount of information generated from the focus group. The results and information allowed us to effectively sharpen our trial preparation, leading to an outstanding resolution of the case for our deserving client. We plan to use Empirical Jury whenever possible going forward.
Chad LucasKuhlman & Lucas, LLC
We were referred to Empirical Jury by another law firm who indicated we shouldn’t try our case without them. After working with them, I couldn’t agree more. John and his team allowed us to test multiple themes and theories mixed with multiple damage requests to narrow down what facts and potential defenses the jurors were focused on what we could do to maximize our result. It also allowed us to determine who would be our best jurors. After the success on this past case, we are looking forward to working with Empirical Jury again.
Dave CatesCates Mahoney
For the same price (or maybe less), EJ gave me far more detailed and insightful information than I’ve received from traditional focus groups.
Matt O'GradyOnder Law
The information obtained by using Empirical Jury’s services has proven to be extremely valuable. I would highly recommend Empirical Jury.
Jim LeventhalLeventhal & Puga
How does it work?
- If my client accepts some blame, how much does it change comparative fault? Liability? Damages?
- Are there certain voir dire questions I can ask that, although they seem basic, predict how a juror will vote?
- Should I settle for a specific amount or go to trial?
- In closing arguments, should I ask for an extremely high amount of damages, and if I do, how much will it impact my win rate?
- If I settle with one defendant, what does it do to my case against the others?
- What will jurors think of the other side’s key witness?
- How do people respond to my clients?
- Can the jurors understand my demonstratives?
- Will the jurors find the 911 call as compelling as I do?